Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quinoa Tabouleh




For some reason we always have leftover Quinoa.  However, it's not such a bad thing because I use the next day for lunch salads like this gluten free version of Tabouleh. It's so delicious that I cannot stop eating it. I constantly find myself at the fridge taking "just one more bite".  I never actually measure out all of the ingredients because I generally just use what I have in the fridge, so feel free to mess around with the amounts.

In a large bowl mix:
1 1/2 Cups Quinoa - cooled
1 Cucumber finely chopped
2 Small tomatoes finely chopped
1 Small Onion (Any kind, but red is so pretty!)
1 Green Bell Pepper finely chopped
3 Stalks of Celery finely chopped
1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta
1 Handful of Parsley finely chopped

For the dressing add
The juice of 1 lime
1 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
Garlic Salt and Pepper to Taste

We like to eat it with Mary's Gone Crackers - my favorite gluten free crackers and some fresh hummus!  



No comments:

Post a Comment